Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Frustrations and Student Life

I'm writing from the campus library at the moment. I just finished two homework assignments online while chatting on Facebook and listening to my MP3 player to drown out any unwanted background noise. Isn't technology amazing?

Classes started last week and in an effort to be a good student, I'm letting my studies take up a decent chunk of my time. Due to my lack of financial aid I'm only taking the two classes I absolutely needed this semester (introductory chemistry and trigonometry for the curious). So there's not as much work as their might be otherwise. Still plenty to keep me busy.

I decided over the weekend my mysteriously swollen pointer finger is never going to be the same. I still have no idea what's wrong with it or what I might have done to cause it but the show must go on. It's only minorly painful and limiting, so I can live with it. To that end I attempted a little more work on the chicken tractor this weekend.

I say the Mystery Finger is slightly limiting. I can do things like type and hold a pencil just fine. Activities that require a little more pressure are harder. Things like buttoning pants and operating drills. I managed to get my pants on just fine but working the drill proved to be more of a challenge.

This may be why I had so much trouble getting screws into the wood. I doubt it's why the wood started splitting. It could be related to why I stripped almost all of the screws. And it might have something to do with the entire thing falling apart when I tried to move it.

When I feel less inclined to set the entire thing on fire I'll give it another go. For now I think I'm going to move on to other, hopefully less frustrating projects. Even if they end up being frustrating at least it's a new frustration, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment