Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Salvaging At Home

In an attempt to not buy things, I went digging around our property to see what I could find to make a fence. We have a pile of wood and other assorted things that we'd once intended to be a burn pile. We found that we don't have enough land to burn things legally, so we were stuck with it. That worked out alright for me because I got quite the haul today.


I think there's enough there to fence off my garden area. I also found extra stuff I have no use for but might still be able to use for something.

After a day of digging through wood I decided we needed chili for dinner. I made some turkey chili with ground turkey meat and some of the stock from our Christmas bird, plus some jalapeno cornbread to go with it. It was a tasty evening.

With all of that in mind I'm feeling wonderfully sore and tired. I think I'll be heading to bed early tonight. I might even indulge in a nice hot bath before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment