Monday, February 13, 2012

IT'S ALIVE

While I'm working on the garden I realized now would be a good time to start some seeds. We've had a very mild (and regrettably dry) winter. The beds aren't ready and I don't have a fancy seed-starting setup. What's a guy to do?

How about stuffing some potting soil into Dixie cups and setting them on top of a warm satellite receiver near the window?


Not the most elegant solution, but it could work, right?

It totally worked.


As of now I have some salad mix, sweet basil, and cucumbers sprouting. 

Growing plants is like magic. You put these stoney looking things in the ground and add water and in a few days a plant shows up! And if you tend that plant well and let it grow you can eat it!

I occasionally confuse science with magic. In my defense, both are awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment